The Cherwell Business Awards 2017 is launched and open for applications.
Businesses from across North Oxfordshire came together on Tuesday 1st November at Norbar Torque Tools’ new premises to mark the launch of the 2017 Cherwell Business Awards.
The Awards, now in its 6th year, continues to honour the very best businesses and business people within the Cherwell District. It seeks to celebrate the achievements of all types of local enterprises, from large, established companies to new and micro-businesses. Applications are now open to businesses and not-for-profit organisations across North Oxfordshire and, with 10 Award Categories to choose from, there should be something for everyone!
Attendees at the launch had the opportunity to meet the Awards’ sponsors and some of the winners and shortlisted finalists from previous years. Speakers included Neill Brodey, Managing Director of Norbar, Julia Aratoon and Cllr Lynn Pratt, both from Cherwell District Council, which is this year’s Headline Sponsor. Keith Houliston, Sales Director, spoke on behalf of British Bakels, winners of the Overall Business of the Year 2016 and Established Business of the Year 2016.
Keith Houliston said: “British Bakels operates in a very competitive industry and we are required to manufacture quality products consistently and offer a first class customer service to keep ahead of our competitors. The recognition in receiving the awards highlights the fact we are following the right path for the future. We would recommend that companies in our area enter the 2017 Awards; it will lift the profile of your company, it will give you the opportunity to meet with personnel from different businesses and, if successful, will give you a reason to ‘shout about success’ which hopefully will be well received by your staff and customers.”
The deadline for applications is the 14th February 2017 and winners will be announced at the prestigious Awards Gala Dinner to be held at Heythrop Park on Friday 5th May 2017. Find out more about the 2017 Award categories and how to nominate and apply.
The Organisers would like to reiterate their thanks to the Headline Sponsor; Cherwell District Council and the Award Categories Sponsors. Without them, these awards would not be possible.
There are ten categories that businesses can either be nominated, or self-nominate, for plus an overall winner. The award categories and sponsors are:-
1. The A2 Dominion New Business Award
2. The Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership Small Business Award
3. The Bicester Vision, Bicester Chamber and Wednesday Breakfast Club (Bicester) Micro Business Award
4. The NatWest Employer of the Year Award
5. The Spratt Endicott Established Business Award
6. The Ellacotts Business Person of the Year Award
7. The Bicester Village Retail Award
8. The Oxon Apprenticeships Apprenticeship of the Year Award
9. The Begbroke Science Park Innovation & Creativity Award
10. The Michael Page Charity and Community Award
11. The Norbar Overall Business of the Year Award
There is no separate entry for the Norbar Overall Business of the Year Award. The winner will be decided upon by the sponsor of this award chosen from the finalists of any of the other 10 categories.
The timetable for the awards is as follows:
1. Entries can be submitted from 1st November 2016, and the deadline for receipt is 14th February 2017.
2. In February 2017 all applications will be assessed and judged, with the finalists announced in March 2017.
3. Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner and awards ceremony in May 2017.
Contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org